Nicolae MOGOREANU, associate professor, PhD in the Department of Energetics of the Faculty of Energetics and Electrical Engineering, UTM, is one of the 10 winners of the national prize “For an active life at any age”, organized by the Ministry of Health, Labor and Social Protection of the Republic of Moldova.
With the aim to show appreciation for the hard work and valuable hours spent educating the young generation, the Ministry of Health, Labor and Social Protection came with the initiative of organizing the National Prize for the Elders “For an active life at any age”, to which teachers are also welcome. An example is our teacher, UTM-ist of a lifetime – Nicolae MOGOREANU, associate professor, PhD in the Energetics Department of the Faculty of Energetics and Electrical Engineering.
At this year’s edition of the competition he exhibited an impressive list of works published in recent years:
- 3 textbooks – “Electric lighting”, 2013; “Energetic efficiency. Environment. Modern Economy ”, 2017, co-author; “Low Voltage Electrical Appliances”, 2018);
- methodological indications – “Electrotechnology, instructions for laboratory work”, 2010;
- 2 books – “Renewable sources of electricity in the electricity system”, co-author, 2015; “Renewable energy sources”, co-author, 2015 (in Romanian and Russian);
- 3 studies – “Energy sector: corruption or poor management?”, 2009; “Municipal lighting – functional, aesthetic, architectural, tourist efficiency and investment aspects”, 2011, co-author; “Tariff policy – an economic and social instrument of the state”, 2011, co-author;
- 2 guides – “Practical guide on street lighting in rural areas of Moldova”, 2014, co-author, in two languages; “Consumer Guide to Electricity”, 2019, co-author;
to which is added his ongoing activity in committees for the defending of doctoral theses (Romania) for 6 years; also in the State Committee regarding the supervision of the entrepreneurial activity with the Ministry of Economy; in the Experts Council of the Court of Auditors; in the Experts Council of the National Agency for Energy Regulation; in the Advisory Council to the Ministry of Economy; in the Council “Moldova-Eco energetics” next to the Ministry of Economy; president of the Association of Energy Consumers since 2002; 5 nominations, diplomas and awards of the UTM Senate; Prize of the Romanian Academy for the best textbook (collectively), 1999; Prize of the Romanian Academy of Technical Sciences for the work “Energy efficiency. Environment. Modern Economy ”(collectively), 2019; more than 100 publications in national newspapers and magazines, as well as numerous participation in radio and TV shows on problems in the energy sector of the Republic of Moldova, etc.
At this venerable age, Nicolae Mogoreanu received a valuable prize from the Minister of Health, Labor and Social Protection, Ala Nemerenco, which he treasures, first and foremost, as an appreciation for his activity.
Nostrum appreciation bene merenti, Professor!