What are nanotechnologies and what is their impact within biomedicine? What are the pandemics that mankind has gone through throughout history? What are the benefits of building a renewable energy society and how is Earth’s health connected to the health of humans?
To find out the answers to these questions, we invite you to the Summer School “Nanotechnologies and Biomedicine in relation to the challenges of the 21st century”, which will take place online, on June 5-13, 2021.
The event is intended for Doctoral, Master’s and Bachelor students, as well as high school students passionate about science and technology. The lectures will be conducted in Romanian and English, on the Zoom platform.
In addition to the series of topics presented by well-known scientists from Moldova and abroad, for this year’s edition, students will have the opportunity to attend a number of exceptional public lectures on modern technology and science, presented live by 5 Nobel Prize winners:
- Rattan Lal (USA), Laureate of the Nobel Peace Prize (2007) and the World Food Prize (2020);
- Stefan Hell (Germany), Laureate of the Nobel Prize in Chemistry (2014);
- Randy Schekman (USA), Laureate of the Nobel Prize in Medicine (2013);
- Hiroshi Amano (Japan), Laureate of the Nobel Prize in Physics (2014);
- Konstantin Novoselov (UK), Laureate of the Nobel Prize in Physics (2010).
More details in the PROGRAM of the event.
The deadline for submitting applications for participation – May 25, 2021.
Following the completion of the Summer School, students will receive Certificates of Participation.
The Summer School is organized within the Horizon-2020 NanoMedTwin project – Promoting smart specialization at the Technical University of Moldova by developing the field of Novel Nanomaterials for BioMedical Applications through excellence in research and twinning”, grant agreement no. 810652.