Dean of the faculty
Associated prof, PhD
I. GENERAL INFORMATION
The Faculty of Food Technology is the largest educational establishment in food industry in Moldova. The specialty „Industrial Chemistry” (food industry profile) at the Faculty of Chemistry within the State University of Moldova was established in 1959 and represents the origin of our faculty. The specialty was included in the Faculty of Chemistry.
Gradually the faculty has created new specialties:
- 1967 – Launching of the specialty “Economic and Management in the Food Industry” (transferred in 2003 to FEIB )
- 1973 – Launching of the specialty “Technology and Organization of Public Catering”
- 1989 – Launching of the specialty “Technology and confection construction” and the department with the same name (in 1995 renamed into the Faculty of Light Industry)
- 1990 – Launching of the specialties “Baking Technology”, “Technology of storage and processing of grains ” and “Sugar and Sugar Confectionary Technology”
- 1995 – Launching of the specialty “Meat Technology”
- 1996 – Renaming the Faculty of Technology into the Faculty of Technology and Management in Food Industry
- 1997 –The organization of the Filière Francophone „Tehnologies Alimentaires”
- 1997 – Launching of the specialty “Dairy Technology”
- 2006 – Launching of the specialty “Industrial Biotechnology”
- 2008 – Launching specialty “Engineering and Management in the Food Industry”
- 2016 – Renaming the Faculty of Technology and Management in Food Industry into the Faculty of Food Technology
II. STRUCTURE OF THE FACULTY
- The Department of Food Technology
- The Department of Food and Nutrition
- The Department of Oenology
- The Department of Chemistry
- The Department of Foreign Languages
Centres of Excellence and Research
- Centre of practical training and professional development in catering
- Centre for training and technology transfer in food technology domain
- Research centre in the field of preservation of horticultural products
- Centre de reussite universitaire (CRU, Agence universitaire de la francophonie)
III. THE TEACHING STAFF
There are 79 members of the teaching staff, who had teacher training courses in various countries such as USA, Belgium, France, Italy, Romania, Portugal, Hungary, Bulgaria.
The teaching staff includes 2 Doctors Habilitate, professors; 47 PhDs, associate professors.
There are 32 subjects taught in a foreign language (French).
IV. STUDY PROGRAMMES
|Cycle I, License:
4 years – full-time
5 years – part-time
|Technology and Management of Public Catering
Wine and Fermented Products Technology
Food Technology with specializations:
Engineering and Management in Food Industry
“Tehnologies Alimentaries” French Filière
|Cycle II Master Degree Studies
|Winery and Vineyard Management
Quality and Safety of Food Products
Restaurants and Catering Services Management
Engineering and Management in Food Industry
|Technology of Food of Vegetable Origin (with specification of products and procedures)
Technology of Food of Animal Origin (with specification of products and procedures)
Technology of Alcoholic and Non-alcoholic Beverages
Processes and Devices in Food Industry
Biological and Chemical Technologies in Food Industry
The total number of students – 746 (full-time education) and 417 (part-time education):
57% of them get state funding scholarship (full-time education), 43% of them pay tuition fee contracts (full-time education).
- The scholarship of the President, 2014-2015 – Canja Ana, TP-111
- The scholarship of the President, 2015-2016 – Ţislinscaia Iana, FFT-121
- Merit Scholarship, offered by “Orange Moldova” and “Moldova Agroindbank” 2015-2016 – Canja Ana, CSPA-151
VI. SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH IN FFT IS REALIZED BY NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL PROJECTS:
NATIONAL RESEARCH PROJECTS
Coordinated State Program:
- 00469 – Food security and food safety during the demographic transition period (2018-2021). Coordinator – Rodica STURZA, dr. hab., prof. univ.
- 18.51.07.01A / PS – Reduction of the contamination of raw and food products with pathogenic microorganisms (2018-2019). Project Director – Rodica STURZA, dr. hab., prof. univ.
Applicative institutional project:
- 817.04.40 A. “Elaboration of methods for the protection of nuts fats (Juglans Regia L.) from Oxidative Degradations”, 2014-2018. Project Director – Pavel TATAROV, dr. hab., prof. univ.
Technology transfer project:
- 14.824.05.191T “Elaboration and implementation of advanced technologies for the production of ecologically pure dairy products with new starter cultures”, 2014-2015. Project Director – Boris CARABULEA, PhD, Assoc. prof.
Technical-scientific collaboration project:
- 01/15 – “The use of starter cultures in the production of fermented salami”. 2014-2016. Project Director – A. MACARI, PhD, Assoc. prof.
EU-funded research and innovation projects:
- “Renovation of the training laboratories’ equipment for the practical training of winemaking winery”, 2014-2017. Project Director – Anatol BALANUŢĂ, PhD, prof. univ.
- “Renovation and endowment of the training laboratories for practicing horticultural courses in the program of restructuring of horticultural sector” Livada Moldovei “, 2018-2020. Project Director – Vladislav Reşitca, PhD, Associate Professor.
Bilateral project of the Moldova-Romania Scientific and Technological Cooperation Program:
- 16.80013.5107.22 / Ro «Substitution of synthetic food additives with bioactive components extracted from renewable natural resources», 2016-2018. Project Director – Rodica STURZA, dr. hab., prof. univ.
Research projects funded by the Francophone University Agency (AUF):
- “Recyclable porous materials for depollution – application to effluents from the food industry – “MPR-DEPIA” – Project coordinated by TUM with the participation of “Vasile Alecsandri” University of Bacau, Romania and the University of Québec, Montréal (Canada), 2017- 2018. Project Director – Rodica STURZA, dr. hab., prof. univ.
- “Finding solutions to increase the shelf life of food” – Project coordinated by TUM with the participation of «Dunarea de Jos » University of Galati, Romania and University of Food Technologies in Plovdiv, Bulgaria, 2016-2017. Project Director – Rodica STURZA, dr. hab., prof. univ.
VII. INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
- „Politehnica” University, Bucharest Romania
- Technical University „Gh. Asachi”, Iaşi, Romania
- Politehnica University Timişoara, Romania
- University “Ştefan cel Mare” of Suceava, Romania
- Odessa National Polytechnic University, Ukraine
- National Technical University of Ukraine “Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”, Ukraine
- Université Laval, Québec city, Canada
Scientific cooperation agreement signed between FTMFI – TUM and:
- University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine “Ion Ionescu de la Brad” Iaşi, Romania (UASVM), Faculty of Horticulture.
- National Institute for Research and Development of Isotopic and Molecular Technologies, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
The total number of graduates in the last five years – 1203 (full-time education) and 448 (part-time education). Graduates of the faculty often work in different areas – training, production, teaching, research, various projects, etc.
Graduates of the faculty activate at the enterprises as follows:
SA „JLC”, SA „Incomlac”, ÎM „Fabrica de brânzeturi din Soroca” SA, SA „Lactis”, VC „Saturn-13” SRL, „BantCarad“ SRL, ÎCS „Lapmol” SRL, S.A. „Orhei – Vit”, ”Condiviv mpex” .R.L., ”Creavita” S.R.L., S.A. „BaS.A.rabia Nord”, S.A. „Carmez”, S.R.L. „Pegas”, FPC „Rogob” S.R.L., S.R.L., „Cvadrivita”, S.R.L. „Aviselect”, ÎCS „Farm Meat Processing”, S.R.L., SC„Pan-Car-Lean”, S.R.L. „Olista Uniflex”, S.R.L. „Nivali-Prod”, S.R.L. „Dameco-Lux”, S.R.L. „Ion Mos”, S.R.L. „Cardiax-Plus”, S.A. „Franzeluţa”, BRODETCHI SRL, SRL „Paninella”, SRL „Etolaur”, SRL „Şafranăx”, Î.I.”C.Jamba”, S.C.”Budai Grup”, SRL „Bon Appetit”, SRL „Malexim”, SA „Bucuria”,SRL „Pat Panex”, SA „Cahul Pan”, SRL „CAPLAN”, SRL „PLAIZIR”.