Department of Roads, Construction, Material and Machinery
Ruslan Bordos (Head of department)
Tel: +373 22 77-38-14
Study programs are as follows:
- Railways, roads, bridges;
- Engineering of construction materials and articles;
- Mechanical Engineering in constructions;
These programs aim at preparing highly qualified engineers to work in sectors including:
- Construction, design and exploitation of road construction;
- Construction, design and exploitation of railway construction;
- Construction, design and exploitation of airport construction;
- Organization and traffic safety;
- Material technology and construction;
- Ceramics and glass;
- Machines and equipment for construction;
- Administration and management of private as well as public and non-profit institutions.
Teaching staff of the Department comprises 2 university professors, dr.hab., 7 associate professors, dr., 9 senior lecturers, 7 university lecturers, 2 assistant lecturers.
The department specializes in three areas:
- Training of young specialists in the construction of road and railway;
- Technology of construction materials and articles, ceramic and glass;
- Machines for construction.
Training of students is aimed at their employment in areas including:
- industrial and technological production; capital construction;
- commercial services;
- operation, maintenance, design;
- education and scientific research.
Research activities include:
- Ensuring high quality education curricula in the programs “Railways, Roads, Bridges”, “Engineering of Construction Materials and Articles”, “Ceramics and Glass”, “Machines and equipment for construction;
- Fundamental and applied scientific research;
- Ensuring a supportive environment for achieving departmental objectives based on collegial cooperation, respect, professionalism and constructive competition.
CVs of key researchers of the Department: