Department of Economic Theory and Marketing
The Department of Economic Theory and Marketing belongs to the Faculty of Economic and Business Engineering.
The department was formed in 1964 as the department of “Political Economy’’ was formed in 1964 and in 1993 was renamed to the department of “Economic Theory and Marketing”. For all the faculties of the University, the department provides the following courses: “Economic theory”; “Economic doctrines”; “Economic integration and European economy”; “Marketing”. In addition, the department provides courses and education.
Research areas and priorities:
- Consumer behavior study;
- Market research;
- Holistic marketing;
- Promotional techniques;
- Rural marketing and the investment attractiveness of the locality;
- Development of entrepreneurship in the Republic of Moldova;
- Economic education of entrepreneurs;
- Business Coaching;
- Quality of life;
- Evolution of the social sector. Development of social services in the Republic of Moldova.
Collaboration with EU organizations:
- National School of Political and Administrative Studies (Bucharest, Romania);
- Technological University (Tallinn, Estonia);
- MCI Management Center Innsbruck (Innsbruck, Austria);
- Bundeslehranstalt für Tourismus Innsbruck (Innsbruck, Austria);
- Die Bad Leonfeldener Tourismismusschulen, Bad Leonfielden (Bad Leonfielden, Austria).
Key research staff of the Department
Dr Veaceslav Bardan (Head of Department of Economic Theory and Marketing)
Areas of scientific interest: Economic integration and European economy; International trade, Economic theory, World economic geography, Organizational-managerial psychology.
Participation in international projects:
- 2020-2023 – Team leader within the institutional project “Increasing the value of the architectural heritage of the Republic of Moldova”, financed by the Government of the Republic of Moldova;
- 2019-2022 – Expert in the Erasmus+ Project for the Jean Monnet Action “Sustainable Industrial Development in the context of European integration” within the Jean Monnet program promoted by EACEA – Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency;
- 2019 – Trainer within the project (GIZ) “Strengthening the institutional framework in the water and sanitation sector in the Republic of Moldova” funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation and the Austrian Development Agency;
- 2016 – Expert in the postgraduate training course in the field of national security and defense, with the “Current issues of national security” 2016 edition, organized and carried out by the Military Academy of the Armed Forces “Alexandru cel Bun” in cooperation with the Ministry of Defense of Republic of Moldova;
- 2013-2015 – Expert in external relations from the Technical University of Moldova within the project “Maritime Network of Education for the Development of the Maritime Culture in the Black Sea Basin”;
- 2013 – Expert on higher education issues within the project of the Foreign Policy Association “Strengthening the Partnership between the representatives of the civil society on both sides of the Dniester by implementing joint research projects” financially supported by The Balkan Trust for Democracy, the German Marshall Fund.
Dr. Lilia Chiriac (Head of Program: Marketing and Logistics)
Research interests: Consumer behaviour, Marketing research, Competition analysis and competitive strategies, Rural marketing and the investment/attractiveness of the locality.
Experience in national / international projects:
- Project title: Business Academy for Women, implemented by the Organization for the Development of the Small and Medium Enterprises Sector (ODIMM) in partnership with the International Center for the Promotion of Women in Business (ICAWB).
- Project funded by the European Commission;
- Role in the project: Trainer for the Module: “Changes in the marketing of the company under contemporary conditions”.
- Project title: Increasing the value of the architectural heritage of the Republic of Moldova, implemented within the Technical University of Moldova
- Project type: Institutional research and development project;
- Funder: Government of the Republic of Moldova.
Date: 11th March 2020. Edited by Michael Remes, EFPC
For H2020 and other EU funding opportunities, please contact Prof. Michael Remes