Today’s online dialogue during the Open Doors Days at UTM took place at the Faculty of Power and Electrical Engineering.
The potential candidates were impressed to learn that higher education in energy and electrical engineering in the Republic of Moldova originated before the founding of the Polytechnic Institute of Chișinău (now UTM) in 1959 (50 years after the first electric lamp in Chișinău), and the initial name of the Faculty within PIC (1964) was Electrotechnics. Right from the beginning, the faculty was located in the current study block no. 2 of UTM, in the heart of the capital (the building of the former Theological Seminary, built in 1900-1901).
This retrospective analysis of the history of the faculty inspired the students, who came up with an abundance of questions for the representatives of the current Faculty of Power and Electrical Engineering: the dean, associate professor, Dr. Victor GROPA; head of the Power Engineering Department, associate professor, Dr. Viorica HLUSOV; head of the Electrical Engineering Department, associate professor, Dr. Ilie NUCA; FEIE vice-deans Elena VASILOS and Marcel BURDUNIUC, but also lecturers Ina DOBREA, head of the “Electroenergetics” program; Cornel GHERTESCU, head of the program “Engineering of electromechanical systems”; Dumitru BRAGA, head of the “Thermoenergetics” program, who spoke to the students about the study programs within FEIE, the extracurricular activities, the collaboration with national companies and from abroad and the opportunities regarding internships and employment in the field, etc.
Tomorrow, we wait for you online at the Faculty of Constructions, Geodesy and Cadastre!