Today’s meeting of the UTM Senate was conducted in a mixed format, some senators being present in the hall, and the rest – remotely, in the virtual office of the Cisco Webex application, the connection being ensured with the support of the Information and Communication Technology Directorate.
Despite this less ordinary working regime, conditioned by the COVID-19 pandemic, the UTM Senate examined issues of utmost importance for the activity of the institution, according to the pre-established agenda.
The meeting was inaugurated by the rector of UTM, prof. Viorel BOSTAN, who presented the first part of the annual report for 2019 – regarding budget execution for 2019 and the planning of the UTM budget for 2020. Mr Bostan’s fourth report since his election in November 2015 was as appreciated as the previous ones for the full involvement, the obvious effort and the remarkable results of the UTM administration in the continuous development of the University.
The rector then presented extensive information on the activity of UTM during the state of emergency caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Based on this, but also on the fact that the current situation determines the remote activity of UTM, the senators examined and approved various amendments and completions to the internal normative acts of UTM:
- Regulation on the organization of undergraduate (cycle I), integrated and Master’s degree (cycle II) studies at the Technical University of Moldova, during the state of emergency caused by the Covid-19 pandemic;
- University calendar 2019/2020;
- The schedule of organizing and conducting elections of new members of the CDSI;
- “Leadership and management” training program for leaders and managers of higher education institutions in the Republic of Moldova;
- UTM anti-plagiarism regulations;
- The “Elaboration and defense of Master’s theses” guide,
and other topics of major importance for the development of technology and engineering higher education.