Admission of foreign citizens
- Submission period:
- studies, payed by the candidate – 01.03.2020-30.09.2020,
- studies based on inter-ministerial or interstate protocols- 27.07.2020-30.09.2020;
- Scholarships awarded on the basis of inter-ministerial / interstate agreements (only full-time studies) – here (soon);
- Registration fee – 500 MDL;
- Tuition fee a.y. 2020/2021 – Bachelor, Master;
- Fee for pre-university training course – 30.000 MDL.
I. GENERAL INFORMATION
The Technical University of Moldova offers the possibility to foreign citizens to follow study programs in all three study cycles: Bachelor, Master and Doctorate. The language of instruction is Romanian. The training of foreign citizens is done either on the basis of inter-ministerial or interstate agreements, or on the basis of a fee, payed by the candidate.
The admission to studies of foreign citizens is made based on the provisions of the Regulation on the study of foreigners in educational institutions in the Republic of Moldova, approved by the Decision of the Government of the Republic of Moldova No. 504 on July 4, 2017, as well as based on institutional normative acts.
Foreign citizens, enrolled in the first cycle (Bachelor degree) based on the Protocols of collaboration in the field of education and holding a secondary education documents or their equivalents, will follow a compensatory year at the Technical University of Moldova.
The admission of foreign citizens to the study programs, delivered in Romanian language is conditioned by the acquisition or demonstration of communication skills in Romanian.
The acquisition of communication skills in Romanian will be done by attending pre-university training courses. The main objective of the training courses for foreigners consists in the formation of communication skills in Romanian as a future language of study, as well as the assimilation of specific knowledge in correlation with the profile of future professional training. Upon completion of the pre-university training courses, TUM will issue a certificate of courses completion. After graduating the pre-university training courses, the foreign citizen will be enrolled in the first year of studies at the requested study program. Pre-university training courses are provided for a fee, and the amount of the fee is set by the Council for Strategic Institutional Development of TUM.
Demonstration of communication skills in Romanian can be done either by holding a study certificate (diplomas, certificates, school records), certifying at least one year of study followed in Romanian, in an educational institution in the Republic of Moldova or abroad , or by promoting the Romanian language test, organized by the Technical University of Moldova.
The admission to studies of foreign citizens in the study programs, which have aptitude tests, is done under the same conditions as for the citizens of the Republic of Moldova. The aptitude test will be held upon arrival of the candidate in the Republic of Moldova.
Accommodation in a hostel or university hotel can be provided upon request. The accommodation is paid additionally to tuition fee.
II. ADMISSION PROCESS FOR BACHELOR AND MASTER STUDY PROGRAMS
Submission of documents
Admission to bachelor and master’s degree study programs is based on the Regulation on foreigners studies at the Technical University of Moldova, the Regulation on the organization of the admission at the first cycle studies and the Regulation on the organization of the admission at the second cycle studies at Technical University of Moldova
The candidate for studies can submit documents to the International Relations Office of the Technical University of Moldova, either:
- through empowered persons,
- sent by post to the address of the International Relations Office: 168, bvd. Stefan cel Mare, office 1-203, Technical University of Moldova,
- in scanned form to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The period for submitting the documents for the Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs, usually is:
- studies, payed by the candidate – March – September of each year,
- studies based on inter-ministerial or interstate protocols – mid July – end September of each year.
List of documents for admission:
- Initial information about the candidate to studies (Form 1)
- Registration form according to the model approved by TUM (Form 2);
- Copy of the national passport with the term of validity of at least one year;
- Copy from the Diploma of Baccalaureate and the Diploma Supplement, or its equivalent – for the enrollment to Cycle I (Bachelor’s degree studies), or to integrated higher education, or to the preparatory year;
- Copy of the Bachelor’s degree and Diploma Supplement or equivalency of these acts – for enrollment to Cycle II (Master’s degree studies);
- Copy of the birth certificate (translated into Romanian, or English, or Russian, notarial authenticated);
- Copy of the marriage certificate – as the case may be (translated into Romanian, or English, or Russian, notarial authenticated).
- Copy of the certificate of graduation of the pre-university training courses for foreigners – as appropriate;
- Agreement for studies from both parents – in the case of minors;
- Self-declaration regarding the authenticity of documents submitted (Form 3);
- Proof of the registration fee payment .
- The copy of the study documents, mentioned in p.4) and 5) must be translated into Romanian, or English, or Russian, and be translation must be notarial authenticated;
- The documents, mentioned in p. 4) and 5) must be legalized in the manner established by the state bodies of the country, that issued the documents and by the state bodies of R.Moldova, as following: for the countries member of the Hague Convention – documents will be apostatized, for other countries – documents must be sealed by the Foreign Ministry of the country, that issued the study documents, than it must be overhauled at the Consular General Directorate of the Republic of Moldova);
- The registration fee is approved each year by the Strategic Development Council of TUM
The file with all documents will be sent to: email@example.com
Examination of the documents
The evaluation of the documents is done by the specialists of the International Relations Office. If documents meet all requirements, it is submitted to the Ministry of Education, Culture and Research (MECR) in order to confirm the right of the foreign citizen to pursue a bachelor’s / master’s studies. After obtaining the positive answer, TUM will issue the enrollment order and will proceed to the procedure of foreign candidates legalization.
Legalization of candidates for studies
The legalization procedure begins with the completion of the invitation for the foreign candidate. The invitation is issued by TUM for:
- citizens of the Member States of the European Union: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the United Kingdom and the United Kingdom North, Netherlands, Portugal, Poland, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Hungary;
- citizens of Canada, Japan, the Swiss Confederation, Iceland, Norway, the USA, the Principality of Andorra, the Principality of Monaco, the Principality of Liechtenstein, the State of Israel, the Vatican, San Marino, Georgia;
- citizens of the CIS Member States: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan
To the citizens of the states, listed above, TUM will send the invitation to study, accompanied by the enrollment order. The invitation and the order issued by TUM will be used for applying for the long-term visa (type “D” visa) at the Diplomatic Representations of the Republic of Moldova. The candidate is responsible for submitting the documents and obtaining the study visa.
In the case of citizens of the states, which are not listed above, TUM will send their documents to the Bureau of Migration and Asylum (BMA) in order to obtain the invitation to study. To obtain the invitation for foreigners, UTM will request from the candidate:
- proof of the existence of means of subsistence, in the amount of 30 euro / day for the period of stay on the territory of the Republic of Moldova, as well as for return to the country of residence, but not less than 300 euro,
- a copy of the visa or residence permit of the foreigner in the country of residence, if he/she is domiciled in other country than that of which he is a national.
In case of a positive answer from the BMA, the invitation issued by BMA and the enrollment order will be sent to the candidate. The candidate will apply for the long-term visa (type “D” visa) at the Diplomatic Representations of the Republic of Moldova. The candidate is responsible for submitting the documents and obtaining the study visa.
!!! The invitation issued by the competent authority for foreigners is one of the conditions to obtain a long-term visa for the Republic of Moldova !!!
Upon the arrival of the candidate to Republic of Moldova
Upon arrival of the candidate for studies at TUM, he is obliged within 3 days to come to the International Relations Office to start the procedure of obtaining the right of residence and the permit of temporary residence in R.Moldova. The right of residence on the territory of the Republic of Moldova is issued by the Migration and Asylum Office. According to the Law of the Republic of Moldova no. 200 of 16.07.2010 “On the regime of foreigners in the Republic of Moldova”, the candidate will present to the International Relations Office, following documents:
- original and copy of national passport of the foreigner with the appropriate imprints applied by the control body of the state border (confirming the date and place of crossing the state border) and a copy of the long-stay visa (for the foreigners entering on the basis of visas);
- proof of housing (notarized statement of the owner, the distribution order / receipt for accommodation in dormitory);
- judicial record from the country of origin, legalized / apostilled (in the established manner), translated into Romanian and authenticated by a notary or consular;
- the copy of medical insurance for foreigners valid for at least 3 months;
- proof of financial means in the amount corresponding to the category requested the right of residence, except foreigners with scholarships (in this case, the proof of a scholarship will be presented);
- Color Photo 3×4.
After receiving the positive answer from BMA on granting the right of temporary residence on the territory of the Republic of Moldova, the candidate must submit personally within 3 days documents, prepared by the International Relations Office, in order to receive the permit of temporary residence .
After receiving the temporary residence permit, the student must present its copy to the International Relations Office within 3 days.
The candidate for studies is obliged to present the original study documents to TUM, for one year from the admission to studies. The non presentation of the original documents may serve as a reason for expelling the student.
III. ADMISSION PROCESS FOR DOCTORAL PROGRAMS – here
IV. CONTACT INFORMATION
- Larisa Bugaian, Vice Rector
Tel: +373 22 23-37-05
- Carolina Timco, head of International Relations Office
Tel: +373 22 23 54 15
- Tatiana Munteanu, coordinator International Relations
Tel: +373 22 23 54 59
V. LEGAL SUPPORT:
- Legea R.Moldova nr. 200 din 16.07.2010 „Privind regimul străinilor în Republica Moldova”
- Hotărârea Guvernului Nr. 504 din 04.07.2017 „Regulamentului cu privire la studiile străinilor în instituțiile de învățămînt din Republica Moldova”
- Hotărârea Guvernului nr. 331 din 05.05.2011 „Cu privire la eliberarea invitaţiilor pentru străini”