Undergraduate, Master and PhD students from partner universities will participate in the ONLINE Summer School (July 4-7, 2021) to achieve new information in food safety and healthy living.
Selection of the candidates will be based on:
- letter of motivation,
- letter of recommendation (provided by a teacher from their university),
- attestation of degree level (to attest that the candidate is undergraduate / master / PhD student at partner university).
Local coordinators will take care of the eligibility criteria and discuss with interested people possible questions about this participation.
Registration for this summer school is FREE.
Each participant will receive, at the end of the summer school, a Certificate of attendance.
The Aims and Objectives
The priority of this summer school is the education of undergraduate and postgraduate students (master and PhD) using pedagogical strategies for teaching/learning/evaluation in the field of food safety in order to have a healthy living.
Other focuses of the summer school will be
- To promote (tele)monitoring using classic and modern methods as demand for lifelong learning initiatives for the fields of life sciences, teaching undergraduate/master/PhD students from partner institutions
- To organise a Summer School in 2021 in Romania (and in other partner universities in the following years), involving students and teachers from partner institutions
- To identify ways to have joint theses and PhD coordination between the partner institutions
- To have contribution to the dissemination of the products and activities, using all the ways involving also other interested academic or non-academic media
Didactical materials and teaching methodologies will be usefully also for educational staff or learners, increasing the cooperation between institutions/organizations.
- Dietary polyphenols in human health. Role in neurodegenerative diseases and safety usage
- Bioavailability and biological activity of natural polyphenols from different sources
- International Guidelines for pregnancy and lactation during COVID Pandemia
- Legal problems and legal solutions for the regulation of water resources as a common good. Regulation vs privatization
- Big data analysis and land monitoring for one health approach
- Atmospheric Nitrogen Wet-Depositions: monitoring of the infiltration and redistribution processes in soils
- Xenobiotics in water: their effect on animal and human wellbeing
- Water as a habitat: effects of global warming on animal behavior
- Principles of alimentation in pre-school children – between theory and reality
- Mycotoxin analysis: an overview on the novel detection constructs
- Aptamers: analytic tools for food contaminants detection
- Iodine food fortification: technological approaches, nutritional effects and safety aspects
- The importance of maternal genetics and epigenetics in predicting food intakes in toddlers. A new layer of complexity in nutrition?
- Potential of algae substances in active cosmetics
- Emerging pollutants from pesticides to microplastics
- Nutritional guidance during COVID-19 pandemic- review of evidence based resources
- Light detection in humans – more than just seeing
- The role and significance of food handler in food safety management system
- Carcinogens in cooked meat: effect of vitamin E. Cooking methods and rearing systems
- Role of heavy metals in wine quality and their impact on human health
- Application of hurdle technology, preservation and food safety
- Food processing as a tool on reduction of pesticide residues
- Parasites of fish and risks to public health
- Traditional beekeeping technology and honey quality in Macedonia
- Laboratory diagnostic of uncommon foodborne pathogens
- Food safety with hygienic design of food processing facilities
- Beneficial effects of resveratrol intake against endometriosis
- Dietary choline / betaine and cardio-metabolic subclinical and clinical events in two large US cohorts
- Bullying during the pandemic time. Actions to reduce
- Malnutrition diagnosis tools and nutritional intervention
- Voltamperometric sensors based on conducting polymers used in food analysis
- Planar chromatography and its application in medicinal plants authentication
- Advances and technological innovations in glucose monitoring system
- Insect biomass quality and safety: present and future challenges
- Functionalized sensors as versatile tools for food analysis
- Human biomonitoring – a tool for exposure assessment to mycotoxins
- The role of bioactive dietary components in cancer prevention
- Ethnopharmacology – science today
- Supplementation with resveratrol, piperine and alpha-tocopherol decreases chronic inflammation in a cluster of older adults with metabolic syndrome
- Ancient and modern cereals and their safety for celiac consumers
- Dietary fibers: classification, sources and impact on human health.