Assignment title: Pedagogical adviser for eTwinning Programme (50%)
Period of performance: 2 years (with possibility of extension)
eTwinning Programme promotes school collaboration in Europe through the use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) by providing support, tools and services for schools. eTwinning also offers opportunities for free and continuing online Professional Development for teachers. eTwinning offers a platform for staff (teachers, head teachers, librarians, educators, etc.), working in a pre-university institution in one of the European countries involved, to communicate, collaborate, develop projects, share and to be part of the most exciting learning community in Europe.
Launched in 2005 as the main action of the European Commission’s eLearning Programme, eTwinning is co-funded by the Erasmus+, the European Programme for Education, Training, Youth and Sport, since 2014.
On March 2013 eTwinning Plus was launched – a platform for staff working in a school in one of the neighboring countries involved (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, Tunisia, Ukraine, Jordan and Lebanon). For more information, please visit https://www.etwinning.net ; https://plus.etwinning.net/en/pub/index.htm .
Its Central Support Service is operated by European Schoolnet, an international partnership of 34 European Ministries of Education developing learning for schools, teachers and pupils across Europe. eTwinning is further supported at national level by 38 National Support Services and 8 Partner Support Agencies (PSA) in 44 countries (36 in eTwinning and 8 in eTwinning Plus).
Starting 2019, the eTwinning Programme will be implemented in the Republic of Moldova by Technical University of Moldova appointed by Ministry of Education, Culture and Research to act as Partner Support Agency of Moldova, Order no. 1659 dated November 07, 2018.
Technical University of Moldova acting as Partner Support Agency (PSA) Moldova is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Pedagogical Adviser for eTwinning Programme (50%), committed to learn from peers, with excellent interpersonal skills and team spirit, willing to travel in the field and provide online consulting services to eTwinners from Moldova according to a specific schedule.
The post is based in Chișinău and opened to Moldovan residents only. The Pedagogical Adviser will report to the programme management team and will assist the eTwinning Moldova community by giving pedagogical advice in education related activities organized in the framework of the eTwinning Programme and will develop and give instructional strategies and schemes to teachers that allow them to improve educational processes that happen in the classroom, on the eTwinning platform in the context of eTwinning projects implementation and national curricular integration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote the eTwinning Programme among teachers from the republic of Moldova;
- Provide technical and pedagogical support and advice to participating schools in education related activities;
- Assist PSA Moldova to organize an open and transparent selection of schools that will be offered the opportunity to take part in eTwinning;
- Develop onsite and online courses, learning events, seminars, training and workshops;
- Align the developed courses, events, seminars as well as the contents and instructional strategies delivered to teachers to the national curriculum requirements;
- Advise and guide teacher participants on how to use the ICT/web tools in eTwinning online project implementation;
- Inform the teacher participants on the newest education trends and teaching approaches;
- Offer guidance as to how to implement the newest educational trends in project-based learning based on learner centered design and integrating learning technologies in their teaching practice;
- Evaluate the quality of developed projects on the eTwinning platform and supervising the evaluation process and result;
- Identify and disseminate good practices emerging from eTwinning Plus;
- Collaborate with MECR, National School Inspectorate, regional and local units for education and school authorities;
- Support PSA Moldova to develop and conduct eTwinning surveys at national level;
- Other tasks related to pedagogical expertise.
Required skills and experience
- Essential: Master’s Degree in Education or related fields;
- First and superior teaching Degree is a strong asset.
- A minimum of 10-year teaching experience of working in a pre-university institution;
- Five-year experience of involvement in eTwinning programme is highly desirable;
- Practical working experience within educational projects developed at national and international level;
- National and European Quality Label(s) Award(s) will be a strong asset;
- Extensive knowledge of the country’s education system, policies, strategies and national curricula;
- Experience of working as pedagogical adviser, trainer of teachers, development of curriculum and other pedagogical resources;
- Excellent computer skills and ability to use information technology as a tool and resource;
- Experience of working in an international environment;
- Results-oriented team player with very good analytical skills and problem-solving attitude.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills in Romanian, English and Russian.
- Knowledge of other foreign languages is an asset.
- Goal-oriented, independent, committed, innovative and motivated;
- Excellent social and interpersonal communication skills and team spirit.
How to apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application in pdf:
1) Motivation letter in English,
2) CV in English,
3) Copy of diploma,
4) Salary expectations.
Deadline for submission: February 14, 2019 at 16:00 local time to the following email address: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org . Please state in the subject line “Pedagogical adviser for eTwinning Programme”.
For further information or questions, please contact: email@example.com 
Please note that only shortlisted applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted. Applications received after the deadline and through means other than the address given above will not be considered. All applications will be treated confidentially.