Assignment title: Coordinator for eTwinning Programme (80%)
Period of performance: 2 years (with possibility of extension)
eTwinning Programme promotes school collaboration in Europe through the use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) by providing support, tools and services for schools. eTwinning also offers opportunities for free and continuing online Professional Development for teachers. eTwinning offers a platform for staff (teachers, head teachers, librarians, educators, etc.), working in a pre-university institution in one of the European countries involved, to communicate, collaborate, develop projects, share and to be part of the most exciting learning community in Europe.
Launched in 2005 as the main action of the European Commission’s eLearning Programme, eTwinning is co-funded by the Erasmus+, the European Programme for Education, Training, Youth and Sport, since 2014.
On March 2013 eTwinning Plus was launched – a platform for staff working in a school in one of the neighboring countries involved (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, Tunisia, Ukraine, Jordan and Lebanon). For more information, please visit https://www.etwinning.net; https://plus.etwinning.net/en/pub/index.htm
Its Central Support Service is operated by European Schoolnet, an international partnership of 34 European Ministries of Education developing learning for schools, teachers and pupils across Europe. eTwinning is further supported at national level by 38 National Support Services and 8 Partner Support Agencies (PSA) in 44 countries (36 in eTwinning and 8 in eTwinning Plus).
Starting January 2019, the eTwinning Programme will be implemented in the Republic of Moldova by Technical University of Moldova appointed by Ministry of Education, Culture and Research to act as Partner Support Agency of Moldova, Order no. 1659 dated November 07, 2018.
Technical University of Moldova is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Coordinator for eTwinning Programme (80%).
The post is based in Chișinău and opened to Moldovan residents only. This position will report to the Technical University of Moldova (TUM) and Ministry of Education, Culture and Research (MECR) and will be responsible for the management of eTwinning Programme in the Republic of Moldova.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Elaborate the Work Plan of programme tasks and activities for 2 years;
- Oversee and manage the eTwinning Programme on day-to-day basis.
- Promote the opportunities offered by eTwinning Programme and organize an open and transparent selection of schools that will be offered the opportunity to take part in eTwinning;
- Provide technical and pedagogical support to participating schools;
- Identify and disseminate good practices emerging from eTwinning Plus;
- Conduct monitoring and internal evaluation of the quality of the eTwinning projects;
- Coordinate the organization of trainings/seminars and other activities for teachers from the selected schools for successful participation;
- Collaborate with MECR, National School Inspectorate, regional and local units for education and school authorities;
- Liaise with Central Support Service (CSS), National Support Services (NSS) and other Partner Support Agencies (PSA);
- Provide feedback to the European Commission, the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) and the CSS and to participate in the evaluation process;
- Present work-plans, periodic narrative progress reports and expediters stats repots to MECR and EACEA.
Required skills and experience
- Essential: Master’s Degree in Education or related fields;
- Degree in economics and international relations is a strong asset.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant, practical working experience within projects and programms financed by external donors;
- Five-year experience of involvement in eTwinning programme is highly desirable;
- Programme/project management experience including analyzing activities, budgeting and controlling resources;
- Experience of working with public authorities;
- Excellent computer skills and ability to use information technology as a tool and resource;
- Experience of working in an international environment;
- Results-oriented team player with very good analytical skills and problem-solving attitude.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills in Romanian and English.
- Knowledge of other foreign languages is an asset.
- Goal-oriented, independent, committed, innovative and motivated;
- Excellent social and interpersonal communication skills and team spirit.
How to apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application in pdf: (1) Motivation letter in English, (2) a recent CV in English, (3) two recent references in English, (4) work certificate, (5) copy of diplomas no later than December 20, 2018 at 16:00 local time to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please state in the subject line “Coordinator for eTwinning Programme”.
For further information or questions, please contact: email@example.com, 022235415
Please note that only shortlisted applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted. Applications received after the deadline and through means other than the address given above will not be considered. All applications will be treated confidentially.