Dean of the faculty
Associated prof, PhD
I. GENERAL INFORMATION
The Faculty of Technology and Management in Food Industry is the largest educational establishment in food industry in Moldova. The specialty „Industrial Chemistry” (food industry profile) at the Faculty of Chemistry within the State University of Moldova was established in 1959 and represents the origin of our faculty. The specialty was included in the Faculty of Chemistry.
Gradually the faculty has created new specialties:
- 1967 – Launching of the specialty “Economic and Management in the Food Industry” (transferred in 2003 to FEIB )
- 1973 – Launching of the specialty “Technology and Organization of Public Catering”
- 1989 – Launching of the specialty “Technology and confection construction” and the department with the same name (in 1995 renamed into the Faculty of Light Industry)
- 1990 – Launching of the specialties “Baking Technology”, “Technology of storage and processing of grains ” and “Sugar and Sugar Confectionary Technology”
- 1995 – Launching of the specialty “Meat Technology”
- 1996 – Renaming the Faculty of Technology into the Faculty of Technology and Management in Food Industry
- 1997 –The organization of the Filière Francophone „Tehnologies Alimentaires”
- 1997 – Launching of the specialty “Dairy Technology”
- 2006 – Launching of the specialty “Industrial Biotechnology”
- 2008 – Launching specialty “Engineering and Management in the Food Industry”
II. STRUCTURE OF THE FACULTY
- The Department of Food Technology
- The Department of Technology and Organization of Public Catering
- The Department of Winery
- The Department of Chemistry
- The Department of Modern Languages
- Filière Francophone „Tehnologies Alimentaires”
- Computer Centre
Centres of Excellence and Research
- Centre of practical training and professional development in catering
- Centre for training and technology transfer in food technology domain
- Research centre in the field of preservation of horticultural products
- Centre de reussite universitaire (CRU, Agence universitaire de la francophonie)
III. THE TEACHING STAFF
There are 79 members of the teaching staff, who had teacher training courses in various countries such as USA, Belgium, France, Italy, Romania, Portugal, Hungary, Bulgaria.
The teaching staff includes 2 Doctors Habilitate, professors; 47 PhDs, associate professors.
There are 32 subjects taught in a foreign language (French).
IV. STUDY PROGRAMMES
|Cycle I, License:|
4 years – full-time
5 years – part-time
|Technology of Public Catering|
Wine and Fermented Products Technology
Food Technology with specializations:
Engineering and Management in Food Industry
“Tehnologies Alimentaries” French Filière
|Cycle II Master Degree Studies|
|Winery and Vineyard Management|
Quality and Safety of Food Products
Restaurants and Catering Services Management
Engineering and Management in Food Industry
|Technology of Food of Vegetable Origin (with specification of products and procedures)|
Technology of Food of Animal Origin (with specification of products and procedures)
Technology of Alcoholic and Non-alcoholic Beverages
Processes and Devices in Food Industry
Biological and Chemical Technologies in Food Industry
The total number of students – 746 (full-time education) and 417 (part-time education):
57% of them get state funding scholarship (full-time education), 43% of them pay tuition fee contracts (full-time education).
- The scholarship of the President, 2014-2015 – Canja Ana, TP-111
- The scholarship of the President, 2015-2016 – Ţislinscaia Iana, FFT-121
- Merit Scholarship, offered by “Orange Moldova” and “Moldova Agroindbank” 2015-2016 – Canja Ana, CSPA-151
VI. SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH RESULTS AT FTMFI DURING 2014-2016
NATIONAL RESEARCH PROJECTS
Applied institutional project
- 817.04.40 A. Developing methods of protecting lipids of walnuts (Juglans Regia L.) by oxidative degradation. 2014-2018 – Project Director – Paul Tatarov, Hab. PhD., Prof.
Projects of technological transfer
- 14.824.05.191T Development and implementation of advanced manufacturing technologies of ecologically clean dairy with new starter cultures. 2014-2015. Project Director – Carabulea B., associate professor, PhD
- 10.824.04.104T Development and implementation of the new technology of fruit drying. 2010-2011. Project Director – Carabulea B., associate professor, PhD
Scientific-technical cooperation project
- 01/15 – „The study of the use of starter cultures in fermented sausages manufacture”. 2014-2016. Project Director – Macari A., dr., associate professor, PhD
- „Renovation of the equipment of training laboratories to conduct practice – oriented courses in Wine and Winery profile”. Project Director – Balanuţă A., Hab. PhD., Prof.
VII. INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
- „Politehnica” University, Bucharest Romania
- Technical University „Gh. Asachi”, Iaşi, Romania
- Politehnica University Timişoara, Romania
- University “Ştefan cel Mare” of Suceava, Romania
- Odessa National Polytechnic University, Ukraine
- National Technical University of Ukraine “Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”, Ukraine
- Université Laval, Québec city, Canada
Scientific cooperation agreement signed between FTMFI – TUM and:
- University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine “Ion Ionescu de la Brad” Iaşi, Romania (UASVM), Faculty of Horticulture.
- National Institute for Research and Development of Isotopic and Molecular Technologies, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
The total number of graduates in the last five years – 1203 (full-time education) and 448 (part-time education). Graduates of the faculty often work in different areas – training, production, teaching, research, various projects, etc.
Graduates of the faculty activate at the enterprises as follows:
SA „JLC”, SA „Incomlac”, ÎM „Fabrica de brânzeturi din Soroca” SA, SA „Lactis”, VC „Saturn-13” SRL, „BantCarad“ SRL, ÎCS „Lapmol” SRL, S.A. „Orhei – Vit”, ”Condiviv mpex” .R.L., ”Creavita” S.R.L., S.A. „BaS.A.rabia Nord”, S.A. „Carmez”, S.R.L. „Pegas”, FPC „Rogob” S.R.L., S.R.L., „Cvadrivita”, S.R.L. „Aviselect”, ÎCS „Farm Meat Processing”, S.R.L., SC„Pan-Car-Lean”, S.R.L. „Olista Uniflex”, S.R.L. „Nivali-Prod”, S.R.L. „Dameco-Lux”, S.R.L. „Ion Mos”, S.R.L. „Cardiax-Plus”, S.A. „Franzeluţa”, BRODETCHI SRL, SRL „Paninella”, SRL „Etolaur”, SRL „Şafranăx”, Î.I.”C.Jamba”, S.C.”Budai Grup”, SRL „Bon Appetit”, SRL „Malexim”, SA „Bucuria”,SRL „Pat Panex”, SA „Cahul Pan”, SRL „CAPLAN”, SRL „PLAIZIR”.