Head of department
Associate professor, Ph.D., Doctor in technical sciences
Address: 11/1 Studenţilor str., block of study nr. 11
Tel: +373 22 32-95-75
I. GENERAL INFORMATION
Training in design and leather confections technology at the Faculty of “Textile Industry” began in 1995, with enrolment of 25 students, who were to become the first engineers in the industry of footwear and leather goods, educated and trained in Republic of Moldova. To ensure the teaching of disciplines, as well as the formation of a scientific school in this area on 26 February 1998, was established the Department of Design and Technology of Leather Confections (DDTLC), with the head of the department of Mrs. Valentina BULGARU, doctor in technical sciences.
Training programs of the Department are responsible for:
Cycle I – License (240 credits, 4 years)
- Speciality “Engineering and management in light industry”
- Speciality “Engineering of textiles and leather”, the “Leather products projecting and technology”.
Cycle II – Master Degree Studies (90 credits, 1.5 years)
- Speciality “Engineering and business management in light industry”
- Speciality “Design and product development”, the “Leather Products” option.
II. SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH ACTIVITY
The staff of the department, together with the students, are involved in scientific research in the following fields of research:
- study of materials of leather confections and leather substitutes;
- design of leather confections and leather substitutes;
- technology of leather confections and leather substitutes;
- orthopaedic shoes;
- organization of manufacturing processes;
- quality management;
- human resources management.
The Department has been involved in projects the following “Tempus” projects:
- “Creation of a multidisciplinary network of professional development education in Moldova”;
- “Screenplay Adaptation of higher education in the Bologna Process in Moldova (2004”);
- “Institutional system of internal quality assurance” (2006-2008);
- “Anthropometric studies on improving therapeutic footwear” (2007-2008);
- “Development of partnerships with enterprises in Moldova” (2008-2010).
Scientific conferences of student are held annually. The Department organizes a scientific seminar on “Current Issues in the design and technology of leather confections”. The results of scientific researches of collaborators are presented at national and international conferences, published in the periodical specialised literature, and included in the coursers thought to students.
III. MATERIAL AND TECHNICAL BASE
The Department has:
- a workshop for making shoes and leather goods and machinery equipped with SDV;
- a laboratory for the study of materials – leather and leather substitutes, fitted with meters and control the quality of leather and leather substitutes equipment;
- a laboratory for anthropometric and biomechanical studies, equipped with computerized photometric “PLANTOVIZOR”
- a collection of books and specialized magazines.
The department collaborates with similar departments from Romania, Ukraine and Russia in the following areas:
- improvement of the teaching staff by doing doctoral and master degree studies, by completing short internships;
- participation of members of the teaching staff in various exhibitions, conferences, seminars, congresses; publications in speciality journals;
- involvement of scientists and teachers from Romania to participate at the license exams and diploma projects, as well as teaching classes to master degree students.
The department of Modelling and technology of Leather Garments (DMTLG) maintains partnerships with:
Technical University “Gh. Asachi” Iasi, Republican Experimental Centre for Prothesis, Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, JSC “Dawn”, JSC “Rotan” JSC “Oldcom”, LLC “Moldrom Simpex Cristina”, JSC “Artima”, LLC “Tizite & C”, LLC “Arilux” , JSC “Ionel”, LLC “Mobile”, LLC “Vasconi”, LLC “MAICOM”, LLC “ICATEX Pro”, JSC “Stag”, JSC “Infinity” etc…
V. THE TEACHING STAFF
At the moment there are 13 members of the teaching staff activating at the Department of Design and Technology of Leather Confections, with 4 associate professors, 8 superior lecturers 2 university lecturers and 2 assistant lecturers.
|Nr.||Name, surname||Scientific title, function|
|1||Marina MALCOCI||associate professor, doctor in engineering,|
Head of the department
|2||Valentina BULGARU||doctor in technical science, associate professor|
|3||Aliona LÂSÂI||doctor in economic science, associate professor|
|4||Luminița BERNAZ||superior lecturer|
|5||Ioana PASCARI||superior lecturer|
|6||Angela GHELBET||superior lecturer|
|7||Nicolae ISCHIMJI||superior lecturer|
|8||Ana ISCHIMJI||university lecturer|
|9||Rodica POSTICĂ||university lecturer|
|10||Eva ODOCHICIUC||head of laboratory|
|11||Constanța TIUHTII||training foreman|
V. EMPLOYMENT OF GRADUATES
Specialists who graduated from the Department of Design and Technology of Leather Confections are employed by 90% as designers, modelling-constructors, technologists, engineers for quality, team leaders in companies of footwear and leather goods, teachers in institutions specialized in vocational training.