Head of the department
associate professor, doctor in technical sciences
Address: 39, Dacia bd., block of study nr.9
Tel: +373 22 77-38-33
I. GENERAL INFORMATION
The decision to reorganize the Faculty of Urbanism and Architecture, establishing the Department of Heat, Water, Gas Supply and Environmental Protection (SHWGSEP) was adopted by the Decision of 05.26.2015 of TUM Senate and confirmed by TUM Rector’s order nr. 235-sp of 10/06/2015. The SHWGSEP was created based on the profile departments: Heat and Gas Supply, Ventilation and Ecotechnics, Environmental Management and Water Engineering UNESCO / Cousteau and structured according to the organizational chart in Figure 1.
Within the Department of HWGSEP were instituted three Educational Programs and appointed thier coordinators, as follows:
- Program „Heat and gas supply, ventilation” – coordinator: Constantin TULEANU, assoc. prof., dr.;
- Program „Engineering and Water Protection” – coordinator: Ion IONET, assoc. prof., dr.;
- Program „Environmental Engineering” – coordonator: Ion IONET, assoc. prof., dr.
Mission of the Department – creation, development and strengthening of a new generation of engineers and plumbers managers, able to work under current conditions, extremely difficult of market competition, and the circumstances generated by political, social, economic, legal, energy, environmental crises, and not the last, the technological, constantly threatening and provoking the society.
The objective of the Department – identification and study from the positions the new guidelines towards the constructions energetics of modern solutions for energy and ecological efficiency of buildings and systems of afferent installations, designed to help to ensure a long lasting quality of the interior and exterior environment focused on the training and continuous development of general and specific relevant competences necessary for the graduate engineer of the departmental programs of study.
The Department of Heat, Water, Gas Supply and Environmental Protection provides high qualified engineering training by promoting university education in three cycles:
a) License higher education cycle I – where the licensed engineers preparation is done on the following three areas of training:
- System Engineering of Heat and Gas Supply, Ventilation (full-time, r/a);
- Water Engineering and Protection (full-time, r/a);
- Environmental Engineering (full-time, r/a).
Studies in the I cycle are promoted by two forms of study – the full-time (4 years) and reduced attendance (5 years). On completion of license higher education the graduates of the nominated training areas are awarded the title of licensed engineer.
b) Master higher education cycle, II – for the holders of license diplomas, the graduates of the nominated training areas (cycle I) or their equivalent, as well as for the holders of higher education diplomas in related specialties.
Masters studies within the Section of HGS and EP can be promoted to the following programs of the full time education for a period of 1.5 years:
- Installation engineering of microclimate insurance in buildings;
- Management of sanitary engineering systems and environmental health.
The training departmental Programs at Masters level are of current training and will be updated in perspective in terms of form and content to be more relevant to the industry and business environment, based on the provisions of new concepts and strategies aimed at more efficient consumption of energy and resources, capitalizing on national widespread of renewable sources of energy, of the environment protection and prevention of degradation.
On completion of studies, after the successful defending of master’s theses, the graduates of the nominated programs are awarded a title of master in architecture and construction, specifying in the master diplom (program) the domain of training.
c) Doctorate higher education, cycle III is organized for graduates of Master higher education studies (cycle II) lasting 3 years- the full time studies and 4 years – at reduced attendance studies at the specialty: 03 „Engineering Networks in Constructions”. After graduation and after the successful defending of the developed doctoral theses, the graduates are conferred the title of doctor in technical sciences.
II. DIDACTIC-METHODICAL ACTIVITY
Didactic-methodical activity of SHWGSEP is geared toward development of the necessary competencies of the departmental programs graduates for quick integration in the labor market at home and abroad, including:
- General and specific objectives of the respective program of study;
- Educational plans structured according to the Framework Plan form and content;
- Curriculum subjects focused on competences training;
- Regulations concerning the organization of current and final evaluations.
Didactic-methodical strategies promoted within SHWGSEP are geared toward active learning of the student, by selecting depending on the specific of studied discipline, of technologies and appropriate models of teaching-learning-assessment. The teaching-learning process within the departmental programs of studies is carried out based on the disciplines curriculum, academic courses (lectures, practical lessons or seminars, laboratory work) and the respective didactical design (development of the year works and projects).
An important role in organization of the teaching process on subjects of studies belongs to the discipline titular (teacher) who, according to the provisions of educational standards and place of discipline in the education plan, sets out objectives and tasks of the taught subject, specifying the knowledge and competences obtained by student; determines the strategy and chooses the appropriate models of capitalization the teaching-learning component of evaluation chain, to achieve the expected goal and ensure the necessary relevance of training specialist in the respective field of formation.
In this context, the permanent care of the teaching staff, the subjects studied in the departmental programs of studies are provided with a rich curricular support (manuals, course modules, design guides, methodical instructions for development of the works and projects of year etc. .), developed by the courses titulars in accordance with the curricular concept of the university education and modern education theories and principles:
- The consistency of the curricular content and learning activities;
- Orientation of the students to active and individual learning;
- Assurance of attaining general and curriculum objectives.
Relevance of laboratory training under department studies programs is ensured thanks to adequate equipment of laboratories with laboratory facilities made on the basis of tools and modern equipment of the latest generation and achieving reliable results of the experimental measures carried out by students is possible thanks to the existence of a rich park of measurement and control performance devices.
III. SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH ACTIVITY
Scientific research within the Department of HWGSEP is carried out through doctoral research promoted via four scientific advisors entitled with the right of advisors in the order established by NCAA of Moldova and through research activity promoted in institutional projects, economic contracts and grants, which is led and guided by a professional team of teachers with scientific degrees and didactical titles.
The scientific research is performed on the following main application domains:
- application of modeling techniques, simulation and optimization of complex processes of building installation systems in order to improve the concept and thier efficient use;
- studies streamline and enhance the environmental quality inside buildings;
- creating efficient buildings in terms of energy, energy conservation in buildings, more efficient energy consumption in buildings by adapting the renewable energy sources;
- studies on intensification of treatment and air purification processes from the systems of ventilation and air conditioning systems as well as those of protection of the atmosphere;
- optimization studies and intensifying processes of organic fuel combustion installations;
- contributions to the theory of reliability and maintenance of heating systems, gas and air conditioning for buildings;
- intensification of heat and mass transfer in complex processes from installation systems for buildings to increase their energy performance;
- studies on the development and substantiation the concepts of biological zoning of aquatic basins from Republic of Moldova;
- Development and implementation of environmental quality systems for the conditions of Moldova;
- increasing the reliability and maintenance of water supply systems and sewage by their technical auditing;
- development and substantiation of methodologies for norming the technical losses and technological consumption of water from the centralized drinking water supplies of consumers;
- Promoting effective neutralization technologies (treatment) of solid urban household waste;
- promoting the efficient technologies for treating of sludge and wastewater in the sugar industry;
- developing and implementing efficient technologies to reduce parasitic loads of sludge from wastewater treatment Stations;
- Water treatment of subterranean water basins of Moldova Republic.
IV. MATERIAL AND TECHNICAL BASE
To achieve a relevant practical training by carrying out a wide range of laboratory work, the Department of HWGSEP has a rich material and laboratory base, which allows to provide the students with multiple stands of modern installations for construction, designed and carried out under technologies and new equipment, advanced and even ultra performant.
To study the treatment and water purification processes and carrying out of laboratory works on subjects specific to this field of formation are used specialized laboratories of the enterprise “Apa-Canal Chisinau”.
At the moment the Department of HWGSEP has five functional teaching laboratories and a laboratory for master and doctorate scientific research.
V. CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL TRAINING OF THR TEACHING STAFF
Continuous training of specialists of the national economy is one of the priorities of the Department.
This activity is promoted through the University Centre for Continuing Education of TUM in the form of:
- Studies of professional requalification on the basis of technical higher education studies to the specialization „System Engineering of natural fuel gas supply” (study duration – 9 months);
- Studies of professional requalification on the basis of higher education studies, others than those technical, to the specialization „System Engineering of natural fuel gas supply” (study duration – 18 months);
- Studies of professional requalification on the basis of higher education studies to the specialization „Exploitation of of water supply systems and sewage” (study duration – 18 months);
- Studies of professional requalification on the basis of higher education studies to the specialization „System Engineering of natural fuel gas supply” (study duration – 12 months).
The Department also provides training of specialists of the national economy, at the request of economic agents and business environment by organizing short multidisciplinary courses, specific to the formation domain installations for constructions (design, constructions exploitation of, maintenance etc.).
The section of HWGSEP ensures partnership relations based on agreements signed with the Department of Thermal Hydraulic Systems and Atmosphere Protection, Technical University of Civil Engineering of Bucharest, Romania; the Department installations for buildings, “Politehnica” University of Timisoara, Romania; the Department of heating, ventilation and atmosphere protection, Academy of Construction and Architecture from Odessa, Ukraine; National Academy of Nature Protection and Resort Construction of Simferopol; Stock Company “Termocom” Chisinau, the Department of Installations Engineering, Technical University “Gh Asachi” Iasi, Romania, SE”Apa-Canal”, Chisinau, Moldova, cooperation agreements with similar institutions in Spain, Portugal in the field of the environment protection; SE”Termocom” and “Moldovagaz” as well as 13 collaboration agreements with affiliated distribution units in the territory at “MOLDOVAGAZ”.
For carrying out the Doctorate programs the Section of HWGSEP has signed agreements with Technical University of Civil Engineering of Bucharest, Politehnica University of Timisoara, Bucharest Polytechnic University and the Technical University “Gheorghe Asachi” Iasi, Romania.
Conventions and agreements sighned, provide a broad spectrum of activities of mutual interest, such as:
- exchanges of teachers;
- student exchanges;
- coordinating and synchronizing of education plans;
- collaborations in research;
- editing of didactic materials;
- preparation of highly qualified specialists in various fields of training;
- other activities of mutual interest.
VII. COMPOSITION OF THE SECTION
|Name, surname||Areas of didactic and research activity|
|1||Constantin TULEANU, head of the department, assoc. prof., dr.||Gas supply; Processes and devices of fuel gas burning; Indoor environmental quality assurance and environmental comfort in buildings|
|2||Dumitru UNGUREANU, univ. prof., dr.||Wastewater treatment; AAC system operation; Advanced technologies for wastewater treatment and sludge treatment of wastewater treatment plants; Regenerable energy sources|
|3||Ion IONET, assoc. prof ., dr.||Sewerage networks and facilities ; Water supply and sewerage; The technology of construction works WSS systems; Production Systems engineering|
|4||Valentin TONU, assoc. prof ., dr.||Processes and devices of gas burning; Processes and systems for burning organic fuel; Combustible natural gas transmission; Compressor stations; Consumer regime, distribution and natural gas transmission|
|5||Vera GUTUL, assoc. prof., dr.||Ventilation installations; Air conditioning installations; theoretical bases of microclimate insurance; Aerodynamics of ventilation; Processes and air treatment installations|
|6||Sergiu CALOS, assoc. prof ., dr.||Water treatment; Pumps, pumping stations|
|7||Natalia BEGLET, assoc. prof ., dr.||Centralized heat supply; Thermodynamics; Advanced Technical Thermodynamics|
|8||Mihaela-Anca CONTASEL, univ. lecturer||Applied Fluid Mechanics; Water collection; Water distribution networks|
|9||Serghei PALAS, dr., univ. lecturer||Centralized heat supply; Thermodynamics; Advanced Technical Thermodynamics; Heat and gas supply networks|
|10||Serghei PUTIVET, senior lecturer||Centralized heat supply; Ventilation installations; Air conditioning installations|
|11||Tatiana COLOMIET, senior lecturer||Fundamentals of Ecology and air protection; Remediating waste gas stream; Interior Technical and sanitary installation systems; heat and gas supply networks, ventilation|
|12||Natalia CIOBANU, univ. lecturer||Water supply and sanitation networks; Technical and sanitary installation systems; Sustainable development of WSS systems|
|13||Ion SARAGOV, univ. lecturer||Applied Fluid Mechanics; Pumps, fans, blowers; Hydraulic actuators; Equipment in WSS systems|
|14||Nicolae ANDONI, senior lecturer||Thermal Stations, non-traditional heat sources, gas supply|
|15||Oleg CHILARI, senior lecturer||thermotechnics of constructions; Heating installations; Initiation into specialist|
|16||Ludmila VIRLAN, senior lecturer||Sustainable development; Environmental control and monitoring; Environmental legislation; hydrology; hydro technical constructions|
|17||Lilian BALMUS, senior lecturer||Applied Fluid Mechanics; Networks water supply and sanitation; Technical and sanitary installation; Anti-fire Water supply networks; Computer aided design; WSS system operation, Hydrology|
|18||Dionisie BET, university lecturer||Ventilation installations; thermal networks; WHG networks|
|19||Vera GUTUL, university lecturer||Ventilation installations; Air conditioning installations; Processes and devices for burning combustible gases|
|20||Mariana Haiducova, university lecturer||Gas supply, processes and equipment for burning combustible gases|
|21||Livia LEANCA, university lecturer||The organization and execution technologies of WHG networks; Fundamentals of Ecology and air protection; Exploitations of WHGV installations and networks; Gas Supply|
|22||Ion CERNICA, assoc. prof ., dr.|
|23||Valentina LUNGU, assoc. prof ., dr. hab., cum.|
|24||Dumitru PARASCA, assoc. prof., dr.|
|25||Ion ROTARU, assoc. prof ., dr.|
|26||Ion VALUŢĂ, univ. prof., dr., cum.|
|1||Andrian LEANCA, engineer cat. I cum., chief of laboratory||–|
|2||Elena ISAC, engineer cat. I||–|
|3||Natalia HAREA, senior laborant||–|
|4||Alexandr GREC, laborant|
|5||Vladimir NICU, engineer cat. I|
|6||Natalia POSTORONCA, engineer cat. I|
|7||Ion SULTAN, engineer cat. I|