To be a francophone means to use a common language and share certain values such as democracy, freedom, human rights, justice, solidarity, progress and cultural diversity, without pretending to hold the monopole of these. […]
Founded in 1961, in Montreal (Quebec, Canada), the Francophone University Agency (FUA) is a multilateral institution, which supports cooperation and solidarity between francophone university institutions and encourages the development of higher education and research.
Technical University of Moldova is a member of AUF since 1997. Therefore, students and teachers from TUM beneficiate from scholarships offered by FUA.
The Francophone University Agency Objectives – a dual objective of excellence and co-development.
- To allow students, teachers and researchers progressing in their field and have a good level of knowledge of French to find the best prospects of success thanks to the mobility and the Agency’s scientific networks;
- To create a world French-language scientific space, able to rebalance the inequalities in development between countries.
To achieve its objectives, FUA carries out more programs, http://www.auf.org/nos-projets-internationaux, including 3 of support with a technical nature:
- Institutional and scientific development of universities:
- scientific and academic mobility
- Student mobility
- mobility for teachers and researchers
- academic mobility
- network mobility
- Support for networks and associative structures; FUA yearly offers scholarships for students and teachers and for research programs.