Heritage of UTM sent to IPC foundation
In accordance with the Decision of the USSR Soviet of Ministers no. 209 of March 13, 1964 on the organization of Chisinau Polytechnic Institute, the Central Committee of the Communist Party and the Soviet of Ministers of MSSR by common Decision no. 177 of 28 April 1964 decided to locate and newly formed faculties of Polytechnic Institute on the following address: 168, Stefan cel Mare bd. Chisinau,; 78, 31 August 1989 str., mun. Chisinau, and 121, 31 August 1989 str., mun. Chisinau. The same decision was submitted for the student dormitories, no 1 and 2, at 104, Columna str., with an accommodation capacity of 700 seats.
Block of study nr. 1 – 168, Stefan cel Mare bd, mun. Chisinau is a building – monument of architecture, with an area of 3889 m², initially built with two levels by 1900 and rebuilt after the Second World War. On February 25, 1953, by the Decision No. 158 of Chisinau Executive Committee, there were approved documents of the State Commission for the release of the third floor and of the hall festive. In that building nowadays are located the Faculty of Engineering and Management in Electronics and Telecommunications with lecture rooms and laboratories, the University Administration, Accountancy, Didactic-Methodical Department, Scientific Investigations and Technological Development Department and the Department of Human Resources, Secretariat and Public Relations.
Block of study nr. 2 – mun. Chisinau, str. 31 August 1989 78 is a complex of two buildings: the block 2B with three levels, with an area of 2655 m² – an architectural monument, built up before 1900, the block 2C with four floors, with a total area of 3922 m², put into operation in early 1963. In these buildings is located the Faculty of Energetics and Electrical Engineering, with lecture rooms and profile laboratories, and on the fourth floor of the block 2C, are located the departments and laboratories of the Faculty of Management Engineering in Electronics and Telecommunications. The three-stores building, block 2A, with an area of 2647.7 m², was given to the National Library on 14 December 1987 , based on the Order no. 218p of 18 August 1987 of the Soviet of Ministers of MSSR. The former block of study nr. 3, at 121, 31 August 1989 str., with an area of 4257 m², was submitted to the Ministry of Culture, under Disposition no. 286p 10 December 1975 of the Soviet of Ministers of MSSR. Now, the building in question is the National Museum of Archaeology and History. The student dormitories from the 104 Columna str., were transmitted: dormitory No. 2 (architectural monument) – to the Ministry of Culture; dormitory No. 1 – to the Privatizations Department.
Heritage created during the development of UTM
Blocks of study
Block of study nr. 4 – 4/1, Florilor str., Chisinau, – is a complex of four buildings: the blocks 4A, 4B, 4C, and 4D. 4A block with a surface of 3670 m2, with 1240 m2 built canteen was put into operation in accordance with Decision No. 160 of 30 June 1967 of Chisinau Executive Committee. In this block of study activated the Faculty of Constructions. From 1 March 1988, the Faculty was transferred to a new body of study – no. 10 at 41, Dacia bd. That building was given to the Department of Education mun. Chisinau. Now, in this building activates the Theoretical Lyceum “Stefan cel Mare”. In 1976 there were put into operation the second floor of the block 4B, 4D block with four levels, with a gym, where activated the Faculty of Urbanism and Architecture; 4C block – a unique research laboratory in construction. Today in Block 4C there are located the laboratories of the Faculty of Light Industry, Road Transport Department and laboratories of the Faculty “Cadastre, Geodesy and Constructions” and the Faculty of Urbanism and Architecture.
Block of study nr. 5 – a six-stores building located in 9/9, Studentilor str., Chisinau mun. – was put into service by Order no. 727 of 29 December 1978 of the Ministry of Education. In this block, there are situated lecture rooms and laboratories of the Faculty Technology and Management in Food Industry. The total area of the block is 10162.9 m2.
Block of study nr. 6 – a building with five levels and two torrent’ auditoriums, 9/8, Studentilor str., Chisinau mun. – was put into service by Order no. 133 of 27 August 1975 of the Ministry of Education. In this block of studies there were set up to merge, the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Transport and the Faculty of Engineering and Management in Machine Building. The total surface of the block of studies – 9595.2 m2 that of the torrent classrooms – 733.9m2 and 724.3 m2.
Block of study nr. 9 – a four-level building, located at 39, Dacia bd., Chisinau mun. – was placed into service in two stages: the first – no. 1 pavilion and no. 2 pavilion on 30.12.1980, the Act of Acceptance was confirmed by the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Special Education of RM no. 13 of 09.01.1981; the second – No. 3 pavilion and no.4 pavilion were put into service on 30.09.1981, Order no. 287 of 05/10/1981. The total surface – 10023.9 m². In this block activates the Faculty of Urbanism and Architecture, exhibition halls of interior design and architecture, torrent lecture halls and cafeteria student.
Block of study nr. 10 – a building with four floors and torrent auditoriums. Located in 41, Dacia bd., Chisinau mun., it was put into service by Order no. 30 of 29 February 1988 of the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Special Education. In this block activates the Faculty of Cadastre, Geodesy Constructions and the Faculty of Economic Engineering and Business. The total area of the building is 10647 m2.
Block of study nr. 11 – 4, Academician Sergiu Radautan str., Chisinau mun. – was founded by the Government Decision no. 629 of 08/07/1997. It is a complex of 7 modules with 2 levels and an auxiliary block with 1 level, with an area of 3901.6 m2. The Acceptance Act no. 327 was approved on 25 July 1997 by the Chisinau Territorial Director of the Agency for Privatizations. In this block, there are situated auditoriums of studies, a Computing Center and the laboratories of the Faculty of Light Industry.
The student dormitories
Nr. 1 student dormitory at 1, Studentilor str., Chisinau mun. According to the Decision of Municipality, Chisinau mun., no. 5/16 of 13.02.1997, there was transmitted to TUM the function of beneficiary to complete the construction of the hostel with 766 seats by the Capital Constructions Department. On 19.11.2003, Technical University of Moldova received the Urbanism Certificate for design No. 5669 and authorization to dismantle No. 851A, which allowed the partial demolition of the bearing construction for restoring the blocks 1A and 1B being in the course of construction, for the purpose of housing location in block 1A of 66 apartments and a hostel with 427 places in the block 1B. The total area constitutes 5630.8 m2. The construction, mounting and finishing were completed by the JSC “Monolit”. Nr. 1 dormitory was put into operation based on the minutes of the final receipt nr. 1157 and signed by the State Commission under the leadership of provisional Mayor Vasile Ursu.
The dormitory is composed of modules with 2 rooms with 2/4 beds. Each module has a lounge, bathroom and its own sanitary block. The rooms are equipped with modern furniture (wardrobes, bedside tables, chairs, tables). Each floor has a kitchen for cooking, having two cookers and one washing machine. Students in dormitory benefit from computers with internet connection. Accommodation spaces of on the second floor are designed to house learners of the University Centre for Continuing Education.
Nr. 2 dormitory – a building with 12 levels located in Chisinau, 7/1, Studentilor str. – was put into service by the Resolution no. 13/1 of 4 July 1980 of the Executive Committee of People’s Deputies in Chisinau. Total area – 11382.5 m2. Accommodation capacity – 766 places. It consists of modules with 2 or 3 rooms with 2/4 beds with hall and own sanitary block, suitable furniture, bathroom in the basement for girls and boys. Each floor has 2 kitchens with 2 cookers. Dormitory has been subjected to maintenance works and repairs.
The nr 3 and nr. 4 student dormitories, buildings with 9 levels, located in mun. Chisinau, 10, Cuza Voda str., were put into operation by the Resolution no. 15/3 of 2 July 1982 of the Executive Committee of People’s Deputies of the City of Chisinau. Total area – 41 888 m2. Accommodation capacity – 398 places. On each floor of the dormitories are situated 4 modules that include: 2 rooms with 2/4 beds, hall with sanitary block and kitchen with two cookers, sink for washing cutlery, appropriate furniture (wardrobe, chair, table, nightstand), bathroom on the first floor for girls and boys. In dormitories are installed 14 washing machines, distributed on different floors. Students benefit from the reading room and computers with Internet connection. In dormitories there are equipped gyms with tennis tables and corresponding sports equipment.
The nr 5 and nr. 6 student dormitories, buildings with 9 levels, located in mun. Chisinau, 12, Cuza Voda str., were put into operation by the Resolution no. 24/9.1 of 12 November 1981 of the Executive Committee of People’s Deputies of the City of Chisinau. Total area – 4757 m2. Accommodation capacity – 379 places. On each floor of the dormitories are situated 4 modules that include: 2 rooms with 2/4 beds, hall with sanitary block and kitchen with a cooker, sink for washing cutlery, appropriate furniture (wardrobe, chair, table, nightstand), bathroom on the first floor for girls and boys. In 2000 the dormitory was subject to capital repairs of places of common use (bathroom, kitchen, sanitary block, corridor). It has a computer room with Internet connection.
Nr. 8 student dormitory- mun. Chisinau, 4A, Florilor str. – was put into service by Decision nr. 249 of 3 October 1969 the City Soviet of Workers’ Deputies in Chisinau. Total area – 2621 m2, dwelling area – 1273.9 m2, sewing workshops with an area of 208.5 m2. Accommodation capacity – 227 places. Dormitory has rooms for 2/4 beds, bathrooms and communal kitchens on each floor, corresponding furniture, bathroom on the first floor for girls and boys. Dormitory has been subject to consolidation, repair works with partial renovation of the communal sanitary sections, including a partial installation of doors, and windows made of PVC.
Nr. 9 student dormitory – mun. Chisinau, 4B, Florilor str., – was put into service by Decision Nr. 82 of 31 March 1970 by City Committee of People’s Deputies in Chisinau, having a total area of 2193.6 m2 and housing area – 1385 m2. Accommodation capacity – 227 places. Dormitory contain rooms for 2/4 beds, sanitary sections and communal kitchens on each floor, corresponding furniture, bathrooms for girls and boys in the basement. Dormitory has been subject to consolidation, repair works with selective renovation of kitchens and sanitary sections, including a partial installation of doors, and windows made of PVC.
Nr. 10 student dormitory with five floors and an annex to the dormitory with one level, mun. Chisinau, 5, Studentilor str., – was put into service by Decision No. 242 of 29 June 1973 of the City Executive Committee of Workers’ Deputies of Chisinau. Total area – 4818.9 m2, dwelling area – 2880.1 m2. Accommodation capacity – 390 places. Dormitory consists of modules with 4 rooms with 2/4 beds that have a hall and its own sanitary block, corresponding furniture. Communal kitchens on each floor, equipped with two cookers. Dormitory bathroom on the first floor. The computer room has 20 seats; conference room for 60 seats.
Nr. 11 student dormitory –a building with five levels, mun. Chisinau, 3/2, Studentilor str. – put into service by Decision No. 238 of 7 July 1975 the City of the Executive Committee of Workers’ Deputies in Chisinau, total area – 2412 m2, dwelling area – 1450 m2. Accommodation capacity – 243 places. Dormitory consists of modules of 2 rooms with 2/4 beds, that have a well-equipped own sanitary block, corresponding furniture. Each floor has communal kitchen, equipped with two cookers. Dormitory has been subject to maintenance and repairing works in 2014, the bathrooms and communal kitchens being renovating.
Nr. 12 student dormitory – a building with five levels, mun. Chisinau, 7/2, Studentilor str. – was put into service by Decision No. 26/15 of 29 December 1975 the City of the Executive Committee of Working People’s deputies from Chisinau, with total area – 2435.7 m2, dwelling area – 1449.3 m2. Accommodation capacity – 243 places. Dormitory consists of modules of 2 rooms with 2/4 beds; each module has fully equipped its own sanitary block, corresponding furniture. It has a laundry room with washing machine on the first floor, communal kitchen with two stoves on each floor. Bathroom on the first floor for girls and boys on the second floor (renovated 2011-2012).
No. 13 student dormitory – a building of 5 floors and annexes with one level, located in mun. Chisinau, 3/1, Studentilor str. – was put into operation by Decision. 14/9 of 7 July 1977 by the City Executive Committee of Working People’s Deputies from Chisinau. Total area – 2879.2 m2, dwelling area – 1965.7 m2, preventoria – 1831.5 m2. Accommodation capacity – 100 places. The dormitory is composed of modules of 2 rooms with 2/4 beds, its own sanitary section and appropriate furniture. Communal kitchens on each floor, equipped with two cookers, bathroom in the basement. The dormitory has a university chapel in the annex as well as a reading and studying room “Healthy Lifestyle”. The fifth floor of the dormitory is equipped with a computer room with Internet connection. Inside the dormitory works University preventoria, where medical services are provided, including consultation, conservative treatment and physiotherapy (saline, ultrasound, magnetic therapy, electrophoresis, UFO, UVC, Darsenvald, ultrasonic inhalations).
Various objects with socio-cultural destignation
Base of Entertainment and Sport “Andries”, Condrita village. Decision nr. 48-P of 10 February 1971 of the Soviet of Ministers of Moldavian SSR.
Student Canteen (now Didactic -Methodical and Production Center), Chisinau mun., 5/2, Studentilor str. Order of Vice Minister of Higher and Secondary Special Education of MSSR no. 177 of 03.06.1982 regarding the approval of the Commission for receipt the service of the TUM canteen with 530 seats, registered RTOs Chisinau on 29.08.2005, no. 143 921 / 05-1,Cadastral nr. 010041423801.
Block study with a sports hall, laboratory – 41/1, Dacia bd. Chisinau mun., a separate building with one level. State Commission Act was approved on July 29, 1987 by Order no. 170 of the Minister of Higher and Secondary Special Education of MSSR.
The warehouse for storing fruit and vegetables, 5/3, Students str., Chisinau mun, with total area of 569.4 m2. Municipality decision mun. Chisinau no. 22/8 of September 3, 1993.
The Technical Scientific Research and Advanced Technologies Implementation Center “Etalon” – 7, Burebista str., Chisinau mun., – Commune Disposition Nr. 20/470 of 23 June 1995 of the Minister of Education and Minister of Industry of Moldova. The Ministry of Privatizations approved the Act of The Acceptance of «Etalon» Plant heritage on 18 January 1996.
Entertainment and Sport Center of UTM – 3/8, Studentilor str., Chisinau mun. – Final reception minutes Nr. 1212 of 13 November 2009, registered in Chisinau RTOs on 09 December 2009 Nr. 0100/09/86360, cadastral nr. 0100414242.22
DENDROLOGICAL PARK – OUTDOORS MUSEUM OF TECHNIQUE, UTM
UNIVERSITY CAMPUS RASCANI, STUDENŢILOR STR.
THE THREE HIERARCHS CHURCH: TRADITION, LIGHT AND TRUTH
People consider themselves rational, says St. Anthony the Great, however unjustly, because they are not rational. Some have learned the words and books of the old wise. But rational are those who have rational soul, can distinguish what is good and what is evil, are shying away from evil and hurtful for the soul and have all the care for the best and necessary for the soul; and these things are committed with great gratitude to God, only they should be called rational people. At the same time, he who contributes to the formation of this truth, becomes great for the God and is called the doer of man. Here proves the great duty of man to walk on the path of eternal justice and the responsibility of the mature generation to form in younger generation the love of God, of nation and of family. The foundation of such training is their own example in everything: facts, creation and keeping of the ancestral values.
Aware of this fact, the outstanding personalities of the Technical University of Moldova, represented by the rector, academician Ion Bostan, Vice Rector Mr. Pavel Spinu and of Senate members, it was decided to establish a sanctuary in the campus from Rascani. Enlightened by the faith of ancestors, God’s grace and love for future generations’ formation, they desired that the word of God be always among students. Thus, in 1997, it was started the preparation of documents and searching of possibilities that the church be under the protection of the Bessarabian Metropolitan within Romanian Patriarchy. With God’s help and the blessing of His Eminence, Peter of Bessarabia on 13 June 1998 it was sanctified the place of the future church and provisional chapel in the campus of Rascani.
In May 1998, by the Metropolitan decision, it is appointed as parish priest Father – Anatolie Goncear. A priest with special qualities and pedagogical mission, who begins a prodigious activity corresponding to his priestly service. At the end of 1999, he already manages to establish a Christian library in the provisional chapel, offered by the University until finishing the construction of the Church. He established good relations with university subdivisions that contributed to the good cooperation between the University and the Church. Thus, in collaboration with Technical-Scientific Library of the University he organizes periodical conferences every pastoral year, workshops and spiritual meetings with students. On September 23, 2014 it was carried out a Pastoral Conference titled “The role of the sacrament and of Holy Confession in spiritual formation of young people.” Also through other faculties and departments there are carried out lectures, seminars and debates on theological topics. From 1999, in the chapel, it is formed a catechetical and Sunday school for young people that functions until today. Moreover, from the spring of 2014, the church publishes a monthly parish newsletter entitled “The Christian Guide”.
Man becomes spiritually stronger when goes through different existential tests. Same thing happens in the case of institutions, especially the Church that exists due to its noble magnanimity believers. Because of the lack of financial resources, the church construction was suspended for a period. Thus, in 2008, by the University Leaders support, through the involvement of people of good will, it is restarted the construction of the Church. Currently it is at the stage of formation of the dome. In the past two years, it has been raised the parish house, where works a theological library equipped with a reading room, where take place the lessons of catechism and Sunday school.
However, Father Anatolie, being involved in the construction of the Church and from the desire not harm the work of missionary spiritual parish within the University, asks His Eminence, Peter of Bessarabia, a priest servant, that would be of help in the church activity. Thus, in March 2014 by the Metropolitan decision the servant priest at the Three Hierarchs Church is called Father Ion Banari.
Three Hierarchs Church still seeks God’s help and the support of the University, to increase pastoral missionary activity through various cultural and scientific activities in TUM.
This achievement manifested by The Three Hierarchs Church, more than a decade is the product of love for the young generation, of their spiritual future, of responsible personalities of the University Administration. It is an awareness that humanity, nation or family cannot live, without enduring values and virtues of the Christian gospel, because it is the mainstay of our culture. There cannot be happiness without love, peace, kindness, temperance, goodwill, forgiveness and Holy Communion with God.